1. FAQs
  2. Account Maintenance

How do you handle international taxation on income?

Macrovue is not a registered tax agent and does not provide tax advice. Please contact a registered tax agent for more details on the implication of investing in international shares.

The following information is intended only as a guide.

Australian tax residents, who are not U.S. tax residents, will have taxes withheld at 15% for U.S. sourced income as the result of a tax treaty between Australia and the U.S. Withholding rates from other jurisdictions will depend on tax treaties that may exist between that country and Australia. Note that we cannot guarantee that the withholding rates that are specified in the treaties are applied, and we are unable to help in recovery of tax withheld in foreign jurisdictions.

Australian tax residents, who are U.S. tax residents, will generally not have any withholding on U.S. sourced income.