Step by step guide to setting up your Macrovue Trading account as a Company account.
Part A - Setting up application login details
Step 1: Go to https://app.macrovue.com.au/signup
Step 2: Fill out the fields it requires. Note: for your password it needs to be a minimum of 8 characters, one capital and one number.
Step 3: Click ‘Join Macrovue’. An email will be sent to you title "Trading Application Approval required". Click on "Finalise Trading Account application".
Step 4: You will be prompted to login using the username and password provided. Please re-set your password and log out.
Step 5: Login to your Macrovue account with your username and new password.
Step 6: Click on ‘Apply Now’ to navigate to Trading Application. You can also click ‘Complete a trading application’.
Part B - Setting up as a Company Account
1. Select Company Account
2. Select the number of applicants – a minimum of two directors, a director & a company Secretary
or the Sole Director where appropriate.
3. Select whether there are any additional directors of the company who are not applicants.
4. Specify where there are any beneficial shareholders who are not applicants.
a. Beneficial owners are shareholders with at least a 25% interest in the company.
5. Provide the details for the company including: (Bold are required, and you should make sure you have these when you start)
d. Nature of business
e. Whether it is registered in Australia
f. Whether it is a public company
g. Company tax file number
h. Company business address (Not PO BOX);
i. If you use a PO box as your mailing address you must still use your residential address.
ii. Macrovue only send correspondence via email so this will not matter.
i. Specify whether the company is a financial institution
i. A company will be a financial institution where its involved in substantially
involved in holding financial assets for others OR a depository institution OR and
investment entity (e.g. money market trading, portfolio management, funds management for other companies or a specified insurance company)
This will be rare.
j. Specify whether any directors or beneficial owners are US residents for tax purposes.
k. Specify whether the company earned 50% or more of its gross income from investment
sources or had more than 50% of its assets in investment assets. If you are setting up a company account on Macrovue this may be likely.
l. Click the checkbox and sign your name as a digital signature.
6. Scroll down to applicant details.
7. Fill out your personal details
a. Your address is your residential address, cannot be a PO box but can enter that as
mailing address later.
8. When you reach the Country of Citizenship/Birth section remember to click the country which
will appear in the drop-down menu like this:
9. Nominate your industry.
10. Macrovue will ask you for your primary source of funds and primary source of wealth to meet
regulatory requirements. If you are retired these will likely be ‘Investment Income’. If you are
still working, it will likely be ‘Income from employment’ or ‘business income’ for a company.
11. Accept the acknowledgements at the end of the page and sign with your name as a digital
signature. Given that Macrovue is an international investing platform and will be used to access
US markets through Interactive Brokers they must confirm that you’re are not a US resident or
taxpayer, or a resident of a country currently sanctioned by the US (e.g. North Korea).
12. Complete steps 7-11 for other applicants, directors, beneficiaries or other of the company.
13. Once all details are complete scroll down to identity verification.
14. Once you reach the identity verification page you can begin the process by clicking the green
button marked ‘Start Verification’.
a. If automatic verification is successful it will change to ‘verified’.
b. If not it may ask you for additional documents that it deems to be required (e.g.
electoral roll details, utility bill, drivers license details).
15. Complete identity verification (steps 14) for any additional applicants.
16. Once the original button says ‘verified’ you can submit your application for approval by clicking ‘submit application’.
Should require further assistance please contact client services on 1300 720 292.